Saving the Planet! It's for the children...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Troubadour
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Troubadour »

MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:42 I was just "warned" on another forum I frequent when I posted this to a thread about climate change :-)

As long as the power is available from the line to my house, and I have a job, I am not going to be too cold or hot. My swimming pool will be operating, I will not sit in the dark, the TV will be on, even when I am not at home, so the dog can enjoy it, and the outdoor security lights are all burning like xenon headlights. My power bill averages about $365. Half that in the dead of winter because I have gas heat, and almost double that right now because I don't like to be hot! I have already written a letter of apology to my great grand children for not having enough coal, oil or natural gas.

I also use aerosol deodorant.
Honestly that reminds me to try rolling my own cigarettes from old Bible pages. :mrgreen:
Troubadour
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Troubadour »

MrPiper wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 15:42 I was just "warned" on another forum I frequent when I posted this to a thread about climate change :-)

As long as the power is available from the line to my house, and I have a job, I am not going to be too cold or hot. My swimming pool will be operating, I will not sit in the dark, the TV will be on, even when I am not at home, so the dog can enjoy it, and the outdoor security lights are all burning like xenon headlights. My power bill averages about $365. Half that in the dead of winter because I have gas heat, and almost double that right now because I don't like to be hot! I have already written a letter of apology to my great grand children for not having enough coal, oil or natural gas.

I also use aerosol deodorant.
Honestly, not sure why any random, lone individual think he's going to make progress in preventing the planet being from saved - simply by turning the air conditioner up or buying paper plates on occasion - when he's up against billion-dollar corporations investing in green energy. :eusa-think:

And hell, with the amount you'd have spent on extra gas driving to the organic supermarket, you'd have emitted more carbon in the long run if you'd just driven a few more miles and bought the organic plates. (But, hey, I guess it makes you feel like you did something to prevent the planet from being saved, didn't it?) :lol:
Del
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Del »

Biff wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 15:10
Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 10:45
The Ruling Orthodoxy will not tolerate being mocked, you blasphemous heretic!
Thus we should mock them all the more!
I mock them when I can. "Poke them in their dogmas," as Jordan Peterson says.

Mostly I just ignore them. You know.... walk into the store without a mask (ignoring the sign on the door). If somebody cares enough to tell me that I have to put on a mask, then I will decide how much I really want to be in that store. Most people like being ignored in this way, as they don't care about the sign on the door either.
Troubadour
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Troubadour »

Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 16:54
Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 10:45

The Ruling Orthodoxy will not tolerate being mocked, you blasphemous heretic!

Mostly I just ignore them. You know.... walk into the store without a mask (ignoring the sign on the door). If somebody cares enough to tell me that I have to put on a mask, then I will decide how much I really want to be in that store. Most people like being ignored in this way, as they don't care about the sign on the door either.
Not really feeling that obviously. Don't see it as any different than a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" rule that a private establishment might have.

Who's dogma is it that people have to wear clothes when they go to a restaurant or the supermarket? Or take a vow of celibacy? Or anything at all...
Del
Sunday School Teacher
Sunday School Teacher

Post by Del »

Troubadour wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 17:03
Del wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 16:54

Not really feeling that obviously. Don't see it as any different than a "no shoes, no shirt, no service" rule that a private establishment might have.

Who's dogma is it that people have to wear clothes when they go to a restaurant or the supermarket? Or take a vow of celibacy? Or anything at all...
You are conflating a few dissimilar things.

"No shirt, no shoes, no service" is a societal norm. We all want that, for obvious reasons. We need to post the rule because teenagers are always still learning how to normal.

"Mask Required" was a government mandate that long out-lived its useful purpose to society. Every store had to post it, even in neighborhoods that weren't full of hypochondriacs. Most neighborhoods ignored it. I made a decision to shop in those neighborhoods.

A vow of celibacy or marriage, sobriety or veganism or whatever is always a personal choice. No one compels anyone to take such a vow. People make vows so they can choose their own life-path, necessarily rejecting other life-paths. Choosing a path is the only way to move forward, and we count this as part of growing up.

The Natural Law is a solid reality... Good is good, evil is evil, and this is the same for every person and every society in every age. Personal choices, societal norms and government mandates may be in accord with natural law, or opposed to natural law, or simply resting within the fashions of human freedom (for example, it doesn't matter whether we drive on the right side or the left side, so long as we all agree to avoid collisions).

The abortion lobby wants us to think that abortion is a personal choice. They want government mandates to affirm this.
But the reality remains: It is a violation of natural human behavior for a mother to kill her own child. Such a society cannot survive for long.
MrPiper
Sunday School Student

Post by MrPiper »

My neighbor took her 5 year old son to Target where the sign on the door said: "mask required unless medical condition exception"

Mom: Jack put on you mask
Jack: Mom I don't want to wear a mask
Mom: See the sign Jack? It says mask required. Put on your mask.
Jack: puts on mask grudgingly

a few minutes later as Mom has her back turned to the shopping cart looking at at a product...

Store Clerk: Hey buddy... please put your mask on
Mom: turns around to see what's up
Jack: I don't have to wear a mask, I have a medical condition
Clerk: OH! Sorry little man... ok no worries. Have a great day
Mom: Jack... what is your medical condition
Jack: I'm hot! That's a medical condition! :-)